FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REASSURES NIGERIANS OF STEADY POWER SUPPLY

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola has said that the Federal government was making efforts to ensure steady power supply in the country.

He said that the power sector recovery programme put in place by the ministry and other stakeholders in the power sector was beginning to yield results.

The minister said that the Federal Government had secured the World Bank approval for 486 million dollars Transmission Company of Nigeria transmission expansion funding.

 

Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said he is not afraid of going to the law court over allegations of preferential treatment offered two power generating companies.

He also raised the alarm over an alleged plot by power Generation Companies, GENCOs, to scuttle the current efforts being made to improve on electricity supply in the country.

Fashola made these known in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

The minister was reacting to a suit filed by Generation Companies, last week.

GENCOs had on March 6 sued the Federal Government for alleged discriminatory treatment of the companies and their gas suppliers with intent to harm their business interests.

This entry was posted in National News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

1
Smart KidsOn air now 
Host:
%d bloggers like this: